august

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Looking Up

Hey, kiddos.

I dropped the ball this week, didn't I? I won't make excuses, because I can always find those and throw away the point. I won't do that this time. I'm sorry. You needed me, you were standing there, and I had my head down, pushing through. I caved to the distractions; some real and significant, some not so much.

But you were standing there.

And I had my head down. 

I am so, so sorry, loves. I don't know what came over me. But I promise you, it ends now. 

I'm looking up. 

I see your Lego landscape you built. It really is fantastic, and you are so creative. I see you, sweet girl. You are precious beyond words.  

I hear your crazy scheme, kid. You are a mess and you make me laugh daily. I see you, Bug. I am in awe of the young man you are becoming. 

I see your arms stretched out, waiting for me to scoop you up so we can squeeze one another. You are such a wild little thing, but you love so hard. I see you, my baby. Mama is here, and I'm not letting go until you do.

I love you all like crazy. You and your daddy make up the four chambers of my heart. I will never understand how I lose sight of what truly matters sometimes, but I pray that I am stopping faster, turning on my heels sooner. 

And running back to you, as fast as I can. 

His mercies are new each morning, and for that I am so thankful. Tomorrow is a new day, and when you wake to it, I will be there. And my eyes will meet yours. And my ears will listen. And my heart will rest right where it belongs. 

With you. 




No comments:

Post a Comment