august

Monday, June 20, 2011

The Box

I promise I will get to the goodbyes and aftermath soon, but..I had to post this:

WE GOT THE BOX.

Oh yes. I have been waiting for this bad boy since last week, when I found out other people were receiving their SR's box. This box contains everything that they had with them when they made it to RTC, and can apparently invoke all sorts of emotions in its recipients; sometimes almost mourning even. Not me. As soon we pulled in the driveway, I saw it. And I squealed, which prompted Bug to ask if it was a happy or sad squeal. Happy I told him, and happy I was. We brought it in and had to open it immediately, and Bug grabbed SR's bag as fast as he could and called dibs. Always an advocate for modesty, Sugarplum needed to know what her Daddy was wearing after seeing clothes being pulled out. She finds the fact that SquidRecruit has to have shots and has a bedtime hilarious, but the thought of having to show skin was enough to make her nervous. Love it. Anyway, we got the box, it contained two shirts that smelled just like my amazing husband and it was the best day I've had in a week, and a much appreciated follow up to a rough Father's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment