august

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Twelve thousand words

`I don't know what to say about our last week with SquidRecruit, other than it was amazing. It was everything I built it up to be and then some. There were some hard goodbyes, but there were some fantastic moments. He had so many people sending him off with well wishes and prayers, and our families by our sides all the way through. The smoothness of that time carried me all the way to the day he left. I decided instead of writing down every single thing, I'd just let the pictures tell the story- I'll need all my keyboard letters for the next post I do believe.

The guys doing "guy stuff"...ya know, the kinds of things that require their giant guy muscles.

One of several of the kids' birthday surprises: a build a bear with a special message from Daddy. Big hit, before and after he left.


Last trip to church before he headed out...took way too long to get this as usual!

Getting their energy up for....
....
Geocaching! We spent our last full day together geocaching, and we drug Pops and a VERY apprehensive Mamaw B along with us.

Sugarplum's geocache trade

Flowers picked by our little cousin, placed in the cup where there had been lemonade, also made by same little cousin and given to SR on his last night home. He's missing him a lot already, as has his sister. Sweet kiddos.

SR getting chewed on by precious niecey Belle, our little Japanese import. Check out Bug and Daddy's identical head angle and face...pricless.

Last picture sent to Daddy from the kiddos before his flight

No comments:

Post a Comment