august

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Sugar Sugar

Being her half-birthday and all, I thought it a good time to tell you the things you should know about the Sugarplum Fairy. She came out both beautiful and slightly angry-

             (See that blank, kind of freaked out look on Bug's face? When she gets in a mood, it pops up still)


- with a headful of black hair, 7 lbs 8 oz, seeming positively tiny compared to her sibling, and equipped with an excellent set of lungs. Whereas with Bug coming out so calm, I just got to sit and take him in for a moment, hold him and just be, Sug came out so little and needy, and I got to throw myself straight into mom mode. I wouldn't change either first meeting for all the world- they were both perfect. Two and a half years later, all of the black hair is gone, the itsy bitsy-ness prevails, and most importantly- the pipes remain. She has used them to tell us what she thinks from an exceptionally early age, cry when something is worthy of a cry, and sing her little heart out. She is the girliest girl she could be, but loves to tackle her big brother or play with his dinosaurs. She is obsessed with trains. She's far more shy than Bug, but once you've  broken in to her little circle, you're in. She loves who she loves, but she loves shoes more than anything. She's highly perceptive to be so young, and likewise very sensitive. She is exremely funny, following in Bug's comedic footsteps, and already has a few silly voices in her repertiore. She is the most modest human being I've ever been around, and would like others to follow suit, which has led to some half funny, half embarassing moments. She makes this face when she's mad that is my mom made over, this kind of puckered-lip look full of disapproval, and it causes bad flashbacks of being sent to my room. To watch this girl work her daddy is to watch a pro. To my complete excitement, she's been willing to watch old musicals and reality dance shows with me since before she was a year old- something that I had been greatly missing in a house with two very "male" males. Sugarplum Fairy is all things bouncy and girly and frou frou and sweet and moody, and life with her in it is an absolute blast. During my c-section, the nurses (including a dear friend who I am eternally grateful to) had the radio on, and SF came into the world to Cyndi Lauper declaring that girls just want to have fun. That turned out to be a most accurate assessment of the sweet baby girl that is our Sugarplum Fairy.

No comments:

Post a Comment