august

Friday, December 31, 2010

I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello

Hello, 2011. Hello sweet baby niece, we've been waiting for you! Hello 8 year old Bug and 3 year old Sugarplum Fairy- I bet you're every bit as great as last year's version. Helloooooo my handsome sailor in his uniform. Hello to making my own decisions, and not taking someone else's thoughts, however assertive or convincing, for my own. Hello adventures in keeping myself busy. Hello entirely different level of dependency on God, and sweet 16's on the 4th. Hello bride and groom. Hello new way of life, dance lessons for the Sug, much more yoga, mail-order science experiments for Bug, book clubs, visitors from Japan, homeschooling, letters from Illinois, and all the surprises a year can hold.


Isaiah 43:18-19
“Forget the former things;
do not dwell on the past.
See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert
and streams in the wasteland.” (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment