august

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Something is not the same.

This is quite possibly the cheesiest thing I will ever post...at least I hope it doesn't get worse! I'm going to go all livejournal circa 2001 on you and post some lyrics to a song that my mind is constantly bringing forward in this new year. Without further ado, I give you....

Defying Gravity (Shorter version, adapted for Glee...did it just get cheesier? It did. But you really should listen to it sometime. No? Ok.)


Something has changed within me
Something is not the same
I'm through with playing by the rules
Of someone else's game
Too late for second-guessing
Too late to go back to sleep
It's time to trust my instincts
Close my eyes and leap

It's time to try
Defying gravity
I think I'll try
Defying gravity
Kiss me goodbye
I am defying gravity
And you wont bring me down

I'm through accepting limits
''cause someone says they're so
Some things I cannot change
But till I try, I'll never know!
Too long I've been afraid of
Losing love I guess I've lost
Well, if that's love
It comes at much too high a cost

I'd sooner buy
Defying gravity
Kiss me goodbye
I'm defying gravity
I think I'll try
Defying gravity
And you wont bring me down

_______________________


I love this right now. I'm amazed how much this change, this total shake-up, being removed from my comfort zone, has encouraged me to stop telling myself "I can't", or believing anyone short of God who says anything of the sort. It's not been anything but my own insecurities, my own fears, stopping me from going for the things I want or need to do. FutureSquid setting gears in motion didn't cause any magic- it didn't make me more capable, knowledgeable, or better at time management. It's only let me ask myself one of the most liberating questions: Why can't I? I am going to fail and flounder at more than one endeavor, I'm completely sure, but to quote that fabulous song, "I think I'll try." Our God is mighty, and while I'm not anything without Him, I can open myself up to the beauty that is possibility, and see what He may choose to use me for. Why have I for so long let anyone- myself or others- cause  me to doubt so much? I'm finished with the negativity, and it's an enormous weight lifted. I feel genuine joy and excitement to take on what lies ahead, come what may. Jesus Christ died for me while I was still a sinner- by grace beyond comprehension, I've been adopted by a loving, holy God who is bigger than ALL things- what do I have to fear in stepping up to my shoulda, woulda, coulda's? How could I forget whose hands are holding me? I feel genuine repentance, and some foolishness for not living this way sooner, but hope to move forward always, ALWAYS knowing that:

               I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. -Philippians 4:13        

1 comment:

  1. “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
    by Marianne Williamson

    ReplyDelete